If you prefer the challenge of testing your skills against another player rather than against the house, then you will be interested in claiming a no deposit poker bonus. These free bonuses are an excellent way for both sharks and fish to try out a new poker room as there is no risk to your bankroll while you test out unfamiliar waters.
- Join the poker room as a new real money player.
- Verify your new account via email or text.
- Activate the no deposit offer, entering a bonus code if required.
- Login to your account and begin to play.
Here are three key metrics to keep in mind when deciding how to use your free bets:
The only way to truly get a feel for an online poker room is to dive right into the action and begin to test your card skills against other players in the room. Poker rooms offer new players the following no deposit offers to help them do just that without having to put any money down first:
1. Once the new account has been verified you will be able to log in and your free chips, usually worth around $2, will be waiting in your account. Before any winnings can be withdrawn you will need to meet the bonus playthrough requirements found in the terms and conditions.
2. Playthrough Chips Some poker rooms will offer additional bonus chips alongside the initial free chips offer. These do not require you to make a deposit, but you will need to unlock them by earning points as you play. This way you can turn your small initial no deposit bonus into a larger chip stack by playing smart.
3. Freerolls and Tournaments This is the most common type of no deposit bonus offered by online poker sites.